Five Lesson Course by Suzanne Bryan (originally developed by Evie
Rosen). Mosaic patterns
involve two or more colors, using one color in each row. This course takes you
from charts and swatches through a finished garment. You have 2 years from date of purchase to complete this course.
• One: understanding Mosaic charts; working
Mosaic patterns in stockinette, garter and the two stitches combined; and understanding
how Mosaic patterns affect stitch and row gauge.
• Two: how to create an original Mosaic stitch
pattern; Mosaic stitch flat and in the round; working with variegated or hand
painted yarn; working with more than two colors.
• Three: increasing and decreasing with a Mosaic
pattern; how shaping affects Mosaic patterns; starting the Mosaic Sweater plan
– choosing a stitch design.
• Four: swatching for the sweater; planning the
sweater design – working with gauge, body measurements and schematic plans;
working with the sweater pattern technique.
• Five: Final sweater and pattern.